Wednesday 18 January 2012

Stain glass window...

So following on from my tutorial I made a stain glass window in my living room using black insulation tape and  painted acetate for the coloured glasses. I took images of the window at different times of the day to see when it would look it's best:






When the light indoors was turned on the tape would be doubled by the reflection on the glass.


When the light is shining behind the window the image is at it's clearest, but when it is extra bright you can't see what is outside the window. However during different times of the day when the sun was at it's strongest the picture would be projected onto the wall, moving from opposite in the kitchen, around the room and onto the ceiling. 







When one of my flatmates walked past the projection I liked the interruption it created, moving the image onto his back and distorting the overall picture.


When I stood in front of the window my shadow blocked the projection but left my silhouette in the middle, making me part of the image.


I took photos of the window from different places in the flat to trying to include other items and details unlike the pristine images placed in the window, below shows the sink, cooking utensils and work surfaces but you can;t see outside the window, where as the next one includes daily left items around the living room space and shows you the same view from the window as my film.




No comments:

Post a Comment