Thursday 10 November 2011

Grazia Toderi...

Like George Shaw I had seen Grazia Toderi's work before at the Walsall Art Gallery on 19th October last year in the Metropolis Exhibition. Like Shaw's work it was interesting to see what I thought of the peice before researching further; 'Have to stand back to take in the whole image - real or not real?', 'Overlapping of different images to create a different landscape', 'The ovals and scene remind me of aeroplane windows at night'


My tutor told me that the piece was a recording of the festival in Venice 'La Benniale', overlapped and moving slowly so you just see this haze of pinks and purples that make this beautiful picture. When you look closer you see how it is actually an image of a city from a far off distance, as the light moves the place comes alive and hypnotising. I could edit my footage to change the colour or overlap it to create a new image like Toderi.

No comments:

Post a Comment