Thursday 3 November 2011

Project Explanation (so far)...

So to help clear my head about what my project is about and what I want to focus on/aim to do I have written down in my note book everything I'm looking at in my project at this point to make sense of it all and order it. I can then go on to fully explore these ideas and narrow it down further to make a more thorough investigation. Here is my explanation:

Looking at my life and existence:
STARTING POINTS/IDEAS: Filming the trains passing my flat = the source of travel for me to get from this my university home to my family home.

  • It is a constant reminder going passed my living room window (Note: I liked the voices recorded in the background = everyday life/ignoring the obviousness of the trains)
  • can be like life as well (trains = metaphor), people come and go, some are late, some are never come back and some never come at all.
______________________________________________________________________________

Layers of existence (In my opinion):

Perception = Peoples perception/ Their views/ Habitat/ Environment - construction of the environment                      around me (Biad Building?)
Outer projection = My Perception = Can record what I see form my point of view point/ What I want people to think of me.
Inner self = My inner creativity/ Essence/ True self/ Honesty

  • The 'Inner layer'/ Conscience/ Honest/True self is what makes me and is what is reflected to others yet maybe not completely = only parts of my true self that I want others to see.
  • The 'Outer layer' is how I choose people to view me
  • So people don't 'perceive' me wholly/truthfully = they  see what I want them to. Yet it may be distorted further from their own view.
THERFORE: What I truly am (Inner side) exists now and is the cause of what my existence on earth will be noted as. However it will only be true whilst I am the only one who can fully observe,appreciate and understand it.
______________________________________________________________________________

However can I exist longer than my life time?/be better understood than I would be now?
  • Diary = Samuel Peeps was famous for writing a dairy and Tony Benn once said, according to the Guardian, that if you write a Diary you can experience life three times; live it, write it, read it. It can even be experienced a possible fourth time if some one else decides to read it. However, to record my life would still only be the outer layer of perceptions/projection. I could reflect my inner self more if I wrote about feelings, thoughts and emotions. BUT am I honest enough to do that?
  • Sketch records of daily observations = More personal than a photo and a direct record through my eyes, but this would still be 'Outer projection'.
  • Sketch diary of emotions/ideas/thoughts throughout the day = more 'Inner self'. If abstract it is unlikely to be understood/interpreted directly by the people it is about yet the emotions will still hopefully be readable. This would more likely that I would be honest than a written diary.
  • Could involve different media for extra expression (keep observation sketch book in pen/pencil for comparison)
  • Make it into an obsession like Eva Kotatkova in order to be a from of "intimate expression" in the hope it will reflect a true part of myself.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment