Monday 7 May 2012

Alterations...

After a tutorial it was pointed out to me that due to the digital nature of my edited drawings I had the ability to alter them and then compare to see what one works best and therefore get the best image possible. I would like to produce one of my drawings on a large scale as I think they could make good posters that would fit into anyone's bedroom, living room etc as another mundane object of a mundane scene to demonstrate the gaps in our lives we glaze past. so I have edited for of the drawings by changing, enhancing and altering the colour of the images, here are the results (see previous posts for original edits): 





Favourite = bottom right.





Favourite = top right.






Favourite = bottom left.






Favourite = top right.

In all of the edits I tried to play around with the idea of possibly making the colours more saturated, more obscure, more diluted, or duller. The ones that I have highlighted as being my favourite have been chosen do to there subtle colours, soft yet realistic to the original environment they came from. They are vaguely brighter than the originals which I feels removes a significance of mood as if they were too dark they might be perceived as depressing or negative which would perhaps have more connotations with being alone than I'm looking for. Although some of the obscurer edits created some interesting colours I didn't feel they were appropriate for what I am trying to achieve with the idea of the mundane and every day. During my tutorial it was also brought to my attention that in some of the previous edits the water from the canal looked like a tarmacked road, I have taken this into consideration with the edits of the water in some of the shots.



Whilst planning how to print these for final edits I placed them all onto one formatted page to printed with gaps in between each to allow me to cut them in four and split them apart. However, when I placed them all together I found the effect very pleasing as all of the colours compliment one another. Earlier when deciding which drawing to choose as a final it was hard to think which of these was the most successful as they all show different angles, tempos and directions, but seeing them side by side they seem to fit. Like a story board they have enough detail in them to show perhaps the journey of someone walking along this canal, taking a break on the seat and then continuing. I like how this could be seen as quite a boring and normal activity, how it can be universal as the detail I have left out doesn't necessarily make it specific to Birmingham and how easily someone could imagine themselves taking part in this event. Considering the idea of existence I think this on an A1 poster could be very successful in demonstrating how someone might live out their everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment