Sunday 6 May 2012

Frozen canal...

On the 1st February as I was walking through Digbeth (Eastside of Birmingham) I took photos of how the cold weather had frozen the canal. As weird as it was to see the moving water made solid, the things that caught my eye where the objects that had been caught in the water, so were are rubbish that would have been floating after having been discarded, others like the bricks look as though they have been thrown in from the cracks that surround the area. I like how these normal mundane objects that are commonly littered everyday are made more significant by there unusual situation.
Considering my theme of the everyday, existence and the mundane this seems appropriate when combined with the thought of time as all of these object have not only been literally frozen, but they have also been stopped in time from continuing their journey. Everything is preserved and paused which reminds me of the passing moments I have captured in my Line drawings which were inspired by the idea of creating a stain glass like feel. The ice looks like glass, but can hold the physical object with in it rather than having to illustrate it.













No comments:

Post a Comment